How to distinguish wool and wool-like polyester
1. The luster is different. Most pure wool fabrics are soft and natural, and there are few bright colors; while wool-like polyester chemical fiber wool-like fabrics have rich and bright colors. If you look closely in the sun, you will often see dazzling light spots.
2. Different feel and elasticity. The pure wool fabric is soft, smooth and boney. When you squeeze the fabric tightly with your hand or shake it with your hand, it has a sense of vitality, with a slight wrinkle but not hard, and the rebound is soft but not rigid. While polyester wool looks like wool in appearance, it is soft and smooth to the touch, has no bones, has many folds, and has a slow rebound.
3. Burn it after spinning. After the pure wool fabric is drawn and twisted, it can be seen that the wool fibers have uneven thickness, different lengths and natural curls; while the wool-like polyester viscose wool-like fabrics have uniform lengths and thicknesses.
After the pure hair is burned, it will burn slowly, and it will continue to burn when it leaves the flame, accompanied by the smell of burning hair. The polyester imitation wool ignites when it is close to the flame, burning rapidly, the flame is yellow, accompanied by the smell of burning paper, and the ash contains white light ash that is easily scattered, and leaves hard lumps that are easily crushed.
Characteristics of wool and wool-like polyester
The characteristics of wool are that it is smooth, hard and soft. Characteristics of polyester fiber fabrics
Polyester fabric is a kind of chemical fiber clothing fabric used in daily life. Its major advantage is that it has good wrinkle resistance and shape retention, so it is suitable for outerwear. Generally, polyester fabrics have the following characteristics:
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability. As a result, it is durable, wrinkle-resistant and easy-to-iron.
2. Polyester fabrics have poor hygroscopicity, feel stuffy when wearing, and are prone to static electricity and dust, which affects the appearance and comfort. However, it is very easy to dry after washing, and the wet strength hardly decreases, and it does not deform. It has good wash and wear performance.
3. Polyester is a synthetic fabric with better heat resistance, has thermoplasticity, and can be made into pleated skirts with long-lasting pleats. At the same time, polyester fabric has poor melting resistance, and it is easy to form holes when encountering soot, sparks, etc. Therefore, try to avoid contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
4. The light fastness of polyester fabric is better than that of acrylic fiber, and its light fastness is better than that of natural fiber fabric. Especially the light fastness behind the glass is very good, almost on par with acrylic.
5. Polyester fabrics have good resistance to various chemicals. Acids and alkalis are not very damaging to them, and they are not afraid of mold or insects.
Varieties of wool-like polyester fiber fabrics:
1. Polyester imitation silk fabric
2. Polyester wool-like fabric
3. Polyester hemp-like fabric
4. Polyester faux deerskin fabric